|Serving Size:||4 Ounces Cip and 1 Soft Pretzel|
|Day Part:||Lunch, Dinner|
|3||Containers of Merkts Beer Cheese, 5 Pounds Each|
|2 1/4||Cups Whole Milk|
|1 1/2||Tablespoons Garlic Powder|
|1 1/2||Tablespoons Onion Powder|
|2||Teaspoons Red Pepper Flakes|
|1||Cup Minced Scallions|
|48||Salted Soft Pretzels, Warmed|
|Equipment:||Stovetop or Electric Bain-Marie|
For Cheese Dip:
- Place the full containers of Merkts Beer Cheddar and the milk in a double boiler (or in an electric bain-marie) and gently heat to fully melt the cheese.
- Add and whisk together the garlic powder, onion powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Hold warm for service. You can also refrigerate and reserve cold until service.
To Make 1 Order:
- Ladle 4 ounces of the warm dip into a serving bowl and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of scallions.
- Serve 1 warm soft pretzel alongside the dip.
Instead of the typical pretzel, make a loaf of pretzel bread instead. Serve with knife so diners can cut off the amount they desire—and then dip it into the delicious cheesy dip.