|Serving Size:||1 Salad|
|Day Part:||Lunch, Dinner|
|Fried Boursin Slices:|
|1||Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs Log|
|2||Cups All-Purpose Flour|
|4||Large Fresh Eggs, Whisked|
|2||Cups Panko Breadcrumbs|
|Boursin Buttermilk Dressing:|
|2||Pucks Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese|
|1/2||Cup Roasted Red Bell Peppers, Rough Chop|
|2||Teaspoons Garlic Powder|
|1||Teaspoon Sweet Paprika|
|Kosher Salt, To Taste|
|2||Heads Iceberg Lettuce (Cut Each Head Into 6 Even Slices)|
|2 1/4||Pounds Thinly Sliced Grilled Sirloin Steak|
|1/4||Cup Sliced Scallions|
For Fried Boursin Slices:
- Slice Boursin log into 24, ¼-inch slices.
- Then, dip each slice in flour to coat—shaking off any excess flour.
- Dip in egg to coat and then in Panko to fully coat.
- Reserve, refrigerated, on a sheet pan until needed for service.
- Fry the Boursin slices for 1 minute at 350°F, as needed, to order (should be crispy and light golden brown in color).
For Boursin Buttermilk Dressing:
- Place buttermilk, mayo, Boursin pucks, roasted red peppers, garlic powder, and paprika in a tall container, puree until smooth.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Reserve cold for service (allow to set cold for at least 30 minutes or overnight, as this helps the dressing set up and become thick).
To Make A Steakhouse Salad:
- Place 1 chilled iceberg wedge on a plate so the thin edge is facing upward, arrange alternating chilled tomato and hot fried Boursin slices (2 tomato slices and 2 fried Boursin slices) beside the wedge.
- Add 3 ounces of hot steak slices in front of the wedge and drizzle with 1-2 ounces of chilled Boursin buttermilk dressing.
- Finish by sprinkling 1 teaspoon of scallions over the salad.
Add even more cheesy goodness by sprinkling crumbled Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese over the completed salad.