|Serving Size:||1 Sandwich|
|Day Part:||Lunch, Dinner|
|For Onion-Spinach Mixture:|
|1 1/2||Teaspoons Olive Oil|
|1||Small Yellow Onion, Diced|
|2||Ounces Fresh Baby Spinach|
|1 1/2||Teaspoons Soy Sauce|
|1 1/2||Teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar|
|1||Teaspoon Onion Powder|
|1||Teaspoon Garlic Powder|
|1/2||Teaspoon Italian Seasoning|
|Salt and Pepper, To Taste|
|For Grilled Cheese:|
|2||Slices Sourdough Bread|
|2||Tablespoons Vegan Butter Spread|
|4||Slices Nurishh Provolone Style Plant-Based Cheese Slices|
For Onion-Spinach Mixture:
- In a saute pan, warm oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute for about 6 minutes, until golden brown.
- Add the spinach, soy sauce, vinegar, onion powder, garlic powders, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Mix for about 1 minute, then cover and set aside off the heat.
For Grilled Cheese:
- Coat the bread with the vegan spread.
- Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium heat and place one slice of bread spread-side down.
- Add 2 of the Nurishh with the remaining bread, spread-side up.
- Cover with a lid to help cheese to melt and check after 6 to 7 minutes, repeat on the side.
- Slice in half and serve.
The key to perfectly golden brown bread is ensuring the pan is evenly heated, but not too hot.