|Serving Size:||1 Portion|
|Day Part:||Lunch, Dinner|
|1 1/2||Gallons Heavy Cream|
|6||Pucks of Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese|
|2||Tablespoons Garlic Powder|
|3||Kosher salt, to taste|
|1/3||Cup Canola Oil|
|5 1/4||Pounds Fully Cooked Smoked Turkey Sausage, Thin Bias Cut|
|3||Vidalia Onions, Peeled, Fine Julienne|
|6||Braeburn Apples, Cored (Leave Peel On), Small Dice|
|6||Granny Smith Apples, Cored (Leave Peel On), Small Dice|
|Mac n’ Cheese:|
|6||Pounds Orecchiette Pasta, Dry|
|1/4||Cup Fresh Curly Parsley, Small Chop|
|30||Stems Fresh Thyme, Pick and Use Only Leaves|
|3/4||Cup Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese, Crumbled|
|Cracked Tri-Color Peppercorns, To Taste|
- Cook the pasta al dente per pack instructions.
- Drain pasta in a colander and reserve warm. Place pot aside.
For Cream Sauce:
- Place heavy cream, 6 packages of Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese, garlic powder, and salt (to taste) in the large pasta pot.
- Bring cream, Boursin, and seasonings to a boil, stir to evenly combine into a smooth sauce.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in the warm pasta to evenly combine and coat.
- Simmer for 2 minutes, and then remove the pot from the heat. Reserve hot.
For Sausage Mixture:
- While cooking sauce, place canola oil in a large, non-stick sauté pan.
- When oil is hot add the sausage, laying pieces evenly.
- Place the onions on top of the sausage, and then place the apples on top of the onions.
- Cook until the sausage is evenly browned, the apples are caramelized, and the onions are slightly soft and caramelized. Reserve hot.
To Make 1 Order:
- Spoon 2 cups of the sauced pasta into a shallow bowl and make a circular indention in the center of the pasta; place 1 cup of the hot sausage, onion, and apple mixture in the indention.
- Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of the parsley and a pinch of thyme over just the pasta, and ½ tablespoon of the remaining Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese crumbles, over the entire dish.
- Finish, to taste, with a dash of cracked peppercorns.
Don’t forget to add a little salt to your pasta water. It not only improves the flavor of the pasta, but it will help the water boil faster.