|Serving Size:||1 Sandwich|
|Day Part:||Lunch, Dinner|
|Fried Green Tomatoes:|
|4||Cups Whole Milk|
|8||Cups Yellow Cornmeal, Coarse|
|8||Cups Wondra Flour|
|144||Slices Green Tomatoes, ½” thick|
|6||Cups Kaukauna Cheddar Cheese, Room Temperature|
|48||Toasted Ciabatta Buns|
|96||Strips Applewood Smoked Bacon, Cooked Crisp|
|Equipment:||Fryer, Stove top, Oven|
For Fried Green Tomatoes:
- Whisk milk and eggs together in mixing bowl, reserve.
- Place flour and cornmeal in separate shallow containers, reserve.
- Dredge sliced tomatoes in flour to evenly and lightly coat.
- Shake off excess flour. Then dip tomatoes in milk and egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off.
- Dredge tomatoes in cornmeal.
- Fry tomatoes in fryer until light golden brown in color. Remove from fryer and drain.
- Prepare as needed.
To Make A Cheddar BLT:
- Spread 1 tablespoon of Kaukauna Cheddar Cheese on the inside crown and heel of toasted ciabatta bun.
- Place ½ cup arugula on heel.
- Top with 3 fried green tomatoes, 2 strips of bacon folded into “V”, and the ciabatta crown.
Prepare the fried green tomatoes in large batches for service or, if you prefer, prepare the tomatoes to order—whatever works best for your kitchen.