|Serving Size:||1 Hotdog|
|Day Part:||Lunch, Dinner|
|48||All-Beef, Footlong Hotdogs|
|48||Footlong Hotdog Buns, Lightly Toasted|
|Chili Cheese Toppings:|
|6||Cups Merkts Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Room Temperature|
|6||Cups Bean Chili|
|3||Cups Pickled Jalapeños, Rough Chopped|
|Equipment:||Griddle, Electric Bain-Marie or Steam Table, Stovetop|
- Pre-cook hotdogs in small batches, by steaming and then holding warm for service.
- Hotdogs can also be cooked (steamed & griddled) to order.
- Heat the chili needed for service—then hold hot, in an electric bain-marie or on a steam table.
To Make A Chili Cheesy Dog:
- Place a hotdog on a hot griddle to finish cooking and slightly char.
- Then place it in a toasted hotdog bun and smear with 2 tablespoons of Merkts Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
- Top with 2 tablespoons of chili and 1 tablespoon jalapeños.
Make this Chili Cheesy Dog recipe a bite-size, sharable app. Simply prepare two completed dogs and cut diagonally into 3-inch servings.