|Serving Size:||1 Burger|
|Day Part:||Lunch, Dinner|
|Pimento Cheese Spread:|
|3||Cups Merkts Sharp Cheddar Cheese|
|2/3||Cup Minced Pimentos|
|2||Tablespoons Hot Sauce|
|1/4||Teaspoon Sea Salt|
|48||Angus Beef Burgers, 1/4 Pound Each|
|48||Sesame Seed Buns, Toasted|
|12||Cups Iceberg Lettuce, Shredded|
|48||Sliced Tomato Rounds|
|96||Red Onion, Thin-Sliced Rings|
For Pimento Cheese Spread:
- Combine and stir Merkts Sharp Cheddar Cheese, pimento, mayonnaise, hot sauce, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Reserve chilled and let rest 1 hour to fully develop flavors. This is a loose spread. For a thicker spread, use cayenne (to taste) in place of the hot sauce.
- Chopped cheddar cheese could also be folded into the spread.
- Griddle burgers to order, as needed for service, until fully cooked.
- Slather each cooked burger with 1 tablespoon of the reserved pimento cheese spread.
To Make A Pimento Cheese Burger:
- Top a toasted heel with ¼ cup lettuce, 1 slice of tomato, 2 red onion rings, 1 pimento cheese slathered burger, and the top crown.
Double up the cheesy goodness by adding cheese to the middle of the burger. Simply make two smaller patties, top one with Merkts Sharp Cheddar pimento cheese spread, and then top with second patty. Press sides together and cook as usual.